The Power of A Story
- Personal stories are powerful. They carry our emotions, speak into our hearts and allow us to journey alongside one another. L920 is a web based resource that has been developed to help you share your story.
Why is it called L920?
- Shortly after the feeding of the 5000 Jesus asked his disciples, "Who do the crowd say I am?" He then went on to ask them, "But what about you? Who do you say I am?" Peter replied, "God's Messiah."
- Luke 9 verse 20 was used to name the resource because it is a careful reminder that at some point in our lives we are all called to give an answer to this question.
- Although L920 can be used to create many types of story, it has been produced with this specific question in mind. What would your response be?
What is a Digital Story?
- A digital story is simply a series of pictures arranged in a particular sequence with a voice recording over the top of them.
- In this instance L920 enables you to create a clip of upto 3 minutes in length i.e. 9 images with a maximum 20 second voice recording per picture. This might not sound long – but in reality you can share a great deal in 3 minutes. The challenge in creating and sharing your story is how you capture the essence of what you want to say.
Planning Your Story
- It is a good idea to spend some time away from the computer planning your story on paper.
- Some people like to write down what they want to say. Others like to identify the pictures they are going to use first, placing them in order and then considering how they are going to talk around them.
- The important thing is to find what works for you.
The Technical Bit
- L920 has been designed for desktop and laptop computers and utilizes a flash plugin and specific coding that will not work on Safari or Apple devices. However, once your story has been created it will be playable on these devices. (They just cannot be used for the creation process).
- We would also recommend Google Chrome as the web browser most suited to use with L920.
- If for any reason the recording tool within the resource stops working within your browser, you can simply refresh the page or open it in another window so that you do not disturb your current project. All will become clear when you start to explore L920!