This acronym provides a simple structure for morning prayers. As you come to prayer – let the hustle and bustle of the day drift away..
Be aware of yourself.. the space you are in.. your senses.. the sounds around you.. those things you feel that are on your heart..
Let each verse rest gently with you, be sensitive and aware of your feelings and what you feel God is saying to you. Find comfort in the stillness of the moment.
- “Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.” (Psalm 62:5)
Aware of God’s Presence
- “Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.” (Psalm 25:4-5)
Soaked by His Holy Spirit
- “Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.” (Psalm 51:10)
Transformed and ready for the day ahead
- “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2)
- “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)
- “For anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
As you withdraw from your time of prayer, rest assured in the knowledge that you are never alone.
- “for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
In Christ’s precious name we pray,