GROWing in Prayer
The following simple mnemonic can be used to structure your prayer life providing an opportunity to look back at your prayer activities over the last 12 months and begin to focus your efforts for the months ahead. We hope you find it useful..
- Begin by thinking about the last 12 months of your prayer life. Where did you pray?
- How did you pray?
- Did your prayer life have a rhythm that was helpful?
- What worked well?
- Did you find space during the day or night, were there particular individuals you found you were able to pray with?
- What things went less well and why might this have been so?
Offer to God
- As you start to focus on the next 12 months, ask God what your priorities in prayer should be. Has God layed anything in particular on your heart?
- Are you aware of times throughout the year where events might require you to ask for extra help and support from your Corps or prayer partners?
Write it down
- It can be really helpful to use your diary to block out space and to identify individuals, themes or topics that will form the focus for your prayer activities.
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! (1 Chronicles 16:11)
and grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. (2 Peter 3:18)